XtremeMind.com Forum Index XtremeMind.com
Make YOUR life magic!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of The World
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    XtremeMind.com Forum Index -> Religion & Politics

Product Image

View previous topic  Bookmark this page to Delicious Bookmark this page to co.mments Bookmark this page to Digg Bookmark this page to Blogmarks Bookmark this page to Blinklist Bookmark this page to Feed Me Links Bookmark this page to Furl Bookmark this page to linkaGoGo Bookmark this page to Reddit Bookmark this page to Shadows Bookmark this page to Smarking Bookmark this page to Simpy Bookmark this page to Technorati Bookmark this page to Spurl Bookmark this page to Yahoo! Bookmark this page to Google View next topic 
maxan

Accurate Paranormal Meter
If you're a musician, you want this
Worlds most powerful talisman
Altered states.com Sacred Harmony
Amygdala and attraction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: End of The World Reply with quote

These TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) prophecies for 2006 have all failed. Goes to show we simply love speculating on the grand:

2006-JAN-25: James Kingsley predicted a major "Earthquake Storm" near Los Angeles, CA. It was to start shortly after midnight of 2006-JAN-25, last for 2 hours, and be centered in Redondo Beach. The individual quakes range in magnitude from 7.1 to 7.9, and will be called "The Big One". 4
2006-MAY-25: Eric Julien of the Exopolitics Institute predicted that a remnant from a comet would hit the Atlantic ocean and generate massive tsunami almost 200 meters (650 feet) in height. Most heavily affected will be the Atlantic coasts between the equator and the Tropic of Cancer. He predicted that there will be tens of millions of deaths. North America and Europe was to be hit with less devastating tsunamis. Dozens of underwater volcanoes were to erupt, raising the temperature of the ocean to the boiling point. He based these predictions on a series of visions that he has had. 5
2006-JUN-06:
According to an E-mail that we received, the writer believes that "666," the number of the beast mentioned in the biblical book of Revelation, is really a date: 06/06/06 or 2006-JUN-6. He expected the rapture and start of the tribulation on that date.
A movie "The Beast" was released on this day. The story involves the discovery that Jesus Christ never existed. "The authors of the Gospels, writing 40 to 90 years after the supposed life of Christ, never intended for their works to be read as biographies." 6 The screen play involves apparently involves a momentous event in 2006-JUN-06 (6-6-06). What the event is is unclear. The staff have been sworn to secrecy. Nothing notable happened.
2006-AUG-22:
Glenn Beck, anchor for CNN Headline News, predicted on 2006-AUG-09 that AUG-22:
"... is the day that Israel might be wiped off the map, leading to all-out Armageddon. ... [It] could be the day that Agnostics get down on one knee and start to pray, 'Sweet Jesus, are you coming today'? "

When AUG-22 arrived without any sign of Armageddon, Beck responded to a critical E-mail from a viewer by saying:
"I wasn't predicting Armageddon today. ... We talked about the predictions of renowned Middle East scholar Bernard Lewis. It is amazing to me to be called a nut job for quoting a scholar who thinks we might expect aggressive behavior from a man who wants to wipe Israel off the map. I know. Sounds crazy! But, hey, who has time to actually listen?" 7

Bernard Lewis wrote in the Wall Street Journal on 2006-AUG-08:
"In Islam, as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time--Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil, however these may be defined. Mr. Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the U.S. about nuclear development by Aug. 22. This was at first reported as 'by the end of August,' but Mr. Ahmadinejad's statement was more precise."

"What is the significance of Aug. 22? This year, Aug. 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque,' usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (cf Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for [2006-]AUG-22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind. 8
SEP-08/09: The Lord's Witness and the True Bible Code predicted that a nuclear bomb will hit the UN plaza in Manhattan on the Sabbath, sometime between sundown on SEP-08 and sundown on SEP-09. This is the same group who predicted that the UN would take over the world sometime between 2001-MAR-26 and APR-24 and that a word-wide famine would being during 2001-SEP.
SEP-12: The House of Yahweh issued a news release stating that nuclear war was to begin on SEP-12. The war would start around the Euphrates River. Their leader, Yisrayl Hawkins, says that the countdown to the nuclear war began with the signing of the Oslo accords on 1993-SEP-13. He interprets the Book of Daniel as stating that this is a seven year agreement but would take 14 years to be fully carried out. He interprets Revelation as implying that nuclear war would begin a year, a month and a day prior to the end of the Oslo agreement. Hawkings has posted a video clip on YouTube.com that explains his predictions. 9

Eliezer Kamotho, an elder of the House of Yahweh group in Kenya, said that North Korea's nuclear bomb test on 2006-OCT-09 proved that a nuclear war was about to begin.
DEC-17: Dr. Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda predicted that Jesus Christ's second coming would happen in Puerto Rico on DEC-17. His website stated, in part:
"Este 17 de diciembre, el mundo ser� testigo de la segunda venida de Cristo. El Rey de Reyes llega a suelo boricua. Puerto Rico ser� el escenario donde cientos de personas presenciar�n en vivo, mientras millones sintonizar�n v�a sat�lite, el evento que marcar� el rumbo de la historia."

A rough translation is:

"This December 17th the world will be a witness of the second coming of Christ. The king of kings will touch upon the boricuan [Hispanic] land. Puerto Rico will be the stage where hundreds of people will witness 'live' while millions will watch through satellite TV the event that will put a mark upon history." 10

It didn't happen either.
Michael Drosnin predicted in his book "The Bible Code II" that:
"... the Bible code clearly states the danger in modern terms- 'atomic holocaust' and 'World War' are both encoded in the Bible. And both are encoded with the same year, 2006."

Amazon.com visitors who review the book give it a rather low rating: 2.5 stars out of 5. 11

Annie Stanton predicted that a 14.4 mile long asteroid will collide with the earth. Jesus will arrive and a 1000 year period of peace will start.
James Kingsley has predicted an:
" 'End of Days' Atomic Air Strike in 2006. Two or three MiG fighters will drop bombs on nuclear facilities in Washington State, Oregon and San Francisco. This will be done by a secret alliance of China, Iran, Syria. Somehow France is involved. The attack will begin at 9 AM Pacific Time and cause massive damage that will effect the whole planet." 4

According to the Sunday Times in England, a religious group called "The Family" anticipates the end of the world in 2006. "Members are said to be stockpiling food and planning to hide in caves in India."
According to the Weekly world News for 2001-FEB-13, hydrogen bombs hidden in London, Washington and Tel Aviv will be detonated. This will be the start of the war of Armageddon

I love Jon Logan's stuff!!
cobain

So I've been on HYIP for awhile
Clorophyll miracle cure
eminent backlink pyramid
With regards to the Catholic Church
Create an impact

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched two doomsday scenario movies. One was 2012. The other was Comet- where an asteroid slams into our pretty planet. Not far fetched. It awoke me to the possibility that no matter how many big guns you have.. you're dead in the face of nature

I choose CHOICE
Mr. GreenTea

Input Line
Dreamweaver's EAPE
THE THREAT OF RADIATION IS REAL
Does Energy "Matter?"
Energy Structures of the Body

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The End Of The World occurs every day for millions of people. It is more popularly known as "death" to those who keep on living. What is interesting is that these various dates are centered around what appear to be significant number groupings, but the number groupings are only significant because of the numbering system used, and that system is both arbitrary, and inaccurate. Also of note are these predictions are based on judeo-christian religious "predictions." There are no correlations in any other religion. The judeo-christian branch of religion is based heavily on Sumerian culture, and it would be interesting to see what Sumeria predicted for the future. If there were no such thing as religion, then most likely there would be no EOTW predictions. Religion is mostly a Culture of Fear, created to control large groups of people. As Seeker so aptly puts it: Buy Bull (bible). Unholy if you ask me.
Results show Rightness or Wrongness.
Quoting others ≠ being right even if they are!
---------------------------------------------

Mr.Qwerty

A Quick and Easy Way to Help.
Meditation and Motivation
Making Money
Need Assistance.
Music and Consciousness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. GreenTea wrote:
The End Of The World occurs every day for millions of people. It is more popularly known as "death" to those who keep on living. What is interesting is that these various dates are centered around what appear to be significant number groupings, but the number groupings are only significant because of the numbering system used, and that system is both arbitrary, and inaccurate. Also of note are these predictions are based on judeo-christian religious "predictions." There are no correlations in any other religion. The judeo-christian branch of religion is based heavily on Sumerian culture, and it would be interesting to see what Sumeria predicted for the future. If there were no such thing as religion, then most likely there would be no EOTW predictions. Religion is mostly a Culture of Fear, created to control large groups of people. As Seeker so aptly puts it: Buy Bull (bible). Unholy if you ask me.

I'd agree... especially all of the "predictions" that have been made about the end of the world (scare tactics, or folly, your pick) during "The Great Awakenings" and by other christian groups such as the 7th Day Adventists and the Mormons.

And plus, the people who try to extract things from the bible by reading every 49th letter diagonally should realize a number of things - that the bible they are using (even if it's in greek or aramaic) is a translation and transcription of hundreds and hundreds of scholars. Even the earliest texts disagree on the phrasing of even simple sentences!

If you are also trying to read something from the numbers of days, months, years... you should also realize that the year number is arbitrary and that even if we are trying to align our calendar to the birth of Jesus, it is highly debated even what year he was born in.

Although... even though I disagree with a lot of parts of the bible (why is there so much killing and horror condoned or even ordered by God?) I still read it often and find grains of truth in it - especially in the gospel and psalms. I also like Jesus's message of love and compassion... and know a lot of very good, kind christians. So, while I agree with the idea that the mainstream christian church has been strongly tainted by corruption and that many use the testaments are a weapon of hatred and fear... I find a fair amount of personal comfort in The Bible, whether or not it is the "word of god".

And yes, things like the Eucharist stem from ancient babylonian rituals. A lot of the things in Christianity are found in religions that predate it.
Seeker

The Secret
How Do You Make A Lesbian Laugh?
Y Women Are Better Than Men
How to Bow Efficiently
Help two adorable animals!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: A New Heaven, A New Earth Reply with quote

Truly It Is So, That Every Ending Is But A New Beginning...

And Indeed, This Prophetic Date Marks The End Of An Iron Age, Likewise, The Dawn Of A Golden One...

The Very Return Of God To This World.

In All Truthfulness I Have Been Hesitant To Speak Of This; For Prophecy Is Inextricably Bound To Conditional Probabilities...
Yet Now At Least, It Is My Considered Opinion That All Minimum Criteria Have Been Met.... And So I Give Voice.

Those Who Give Way To Fear Are Ill-Founded; Similarly Mistaken Are Those Who Give Way To Foolish Hope—Believing All Will Be Changed In An Instant! “But This Is What Was Spoken By The Prophet Joel: ‘And It Shall Come To Pass In The Last Days, Says God, That I Will Pour Out Of My Spirit On All Flesh; Your Sons And Your Daughters Shall Prophesy, Your Young Men Shall See Visions, Your Old Men Shall Dream Dreams. And On My Menservants And On My Maidservants I Will Pour Out My Spirit In Those Days; And They Shall Prophesy. I Will Show Wonders In Heaven Above And Signs In The Earth Beneath: Blood And Fire And Vapor Of Smoke. The Sun Shall Be Turned Into Darkness, And The Moon Into Blood, Before The Coming Of The Great And Awesome Day Of The Lord. And It Shall Come To Pass That Whoever Calls On The Name Of The Lord Shall Be Saved.’" ...Such Shall Be The Signs Seen And Heard Around The World; Whispers, Wondering, Miraculous Interventions, And The Testimony Of Babes Being The Most Prominent And Incredible.

I Change My Dream Into An Ideal,
Someday I'll Show You..
..A Brilliant World.

The Seeker Knows The Way
Gazing Always
At The Inner Horizon
Holding To The Path
Until The Goal Is Reached.
Mr.Qwerty

A Quick and Easy Way to Help.
Meditation and Motivation
Making Money
Need Assistance.
Music and Consciousness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Truly It Is So, That Every Ending Is But A New Beginning...

Ouroboros, is it not? The Mayans certainly believed thus. Phoenix from the ashes.

Quote:
And Indeed, This Prophetic Date Marks The End Of An Iron Age, Likewise, The Dawn Of A Golden One...

The Very Return Of God To This World.

Now I'm curious. Do you mean God as in Nous (CH 2.14), in that we will have some sort of grand awakening? Or do you mean an actual being, who will arrive triumphantly? (Like in Revelations or Abrahamic Tradition?)

Quote:
In All Truthfulness I Have Been Hesitant To Speak Of This; For Prophecy Is Inextricably Bound To Conditional Probabilities...

Hmmm... that's one thing I wanted to ask you about the nature of time and future. In the Corpus Hermeticum it is said that, "Everything is the work of destiny... All men suffer what has been ordained" (12.5-7) It then goes on to say that the only way men can escape destiny is through Nous. You say that conditional probability and variable chance play a part in the shaping of the future? Then what is time and how are such things shaped? You have said previously that there is no such thing as karma, yet there is reincarnation, then what shapes the natures of the bodies and lives we take on? In The Red Lion, I found it kind of hard to believe that Hans Burger always took on lives of men, in western europe. Is there a gender identity to our soul, and for that matter, a cultural identity? And I doubt that we choose our parents, the location of our birth, and such... Do people choose abusive parents, to grow up in horrifying poverty, to be disfigured? I can't see why we would. Or is it some sort of cosmic or astrological influence on us? (16.14-16) I'm a little bit confused, the only answer that'd make sense would be that of a nihilist perspective - "There is no reason."

Quote:
Yet Now At Least, It Is My Considered Opinion That All Minimum Criteria Have Been Met.... And So I Give Voice.

Of course, your word is highly appreciated, at least amongst myself.
Mind I ask what the Minimum Criteria is? Very Happy

Quote:
Those Who Give Way To Fear Are Ill-Founded; Similarly Mistaken Are Those Who Give Way To Foolish Hope—Believing All Will Be Changed In An Instant! “But This Is What Was Spoken By The Prophet Joel: ‘And It Shall Come To Pass In The Last Days, Says God, That I Will Pour Out Of My Spirit On All Flesh; Your Sons And Your Daughters Shall Prophesy, Your Young Men Shall See Visions, Your Old Men Shall Dream Dreams. And On My Menservants And On My Maidservants I Will Pour Out My Spirit In Those Days; And They Shall Prophesy. I Will Show Wonders In Heaven Above And Signs In The Earth Beneath: Blood And Fire And Vapor Of Smoke. The Sun Shall Be Turned Into Darkness, And The Moon Into Blood, Before The Coming Of The Great And Awesome Day Of The Lord. And It Shall Come To Pass That Whoever Calls On The Name Of The Lord Shall Be Saved.’" ...Such Shall Be The Signs Seen And Heard Around The World; Whispers, Wondering, Miraculous Interventions, And The Testimony Of Babes Being The Most Prominent And Incredible.

Impressive indeed... I can see that it would definitely be a powerful, yet gradual shift. In any case, I'd be interested in seeing what happens.

Thanks for your input!

Manifestation Masterclass and Wealth Masterclass MP4 Recording Now Available

Masterclass Recording

PleiadianHealer

Is the ultimate FREE ENERGY device finally here?
A healing gift for Valentines Day!
How to detoxify your third-eye
A gift from Rene Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu Wilde on 2012:

http://www.stuartwildeblog.com/sws-jottings/2009/9/4/2012-hunab-ku.html
The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want—to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want—and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide. ---Abraham
herzog

QB Quantum Pulse
North Korea Missiles
Anyone scammed on linkedin?
Cash Renegade
Orgasmotron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The Mayans were a blood cult, black magicians of a very evil kind, creepy. They evoked the demonic by performing blood sacrifices, killing humans (tens of thousands of them) in ritualistic ceremonies trapping their souls. They would slit the victim’s throat or throw them off high places. The Mayans were the Nazis of their day.

If I told you the Nazi calendar was to end in 2012 you wouldn’t be very impressed or interested. Same difference.

That's a good reframe to it.

frankly, I'm not so worried about 2012. And if the world does end (as we know it), then so be it. I'm sure existence as a soul or energy being would be more palatable to inflation, recession, domestic strife and all the attendant trappings of 'modern dicivilization'

Rayzorblades

My Big List of Biofeedback
Colloquial Use Poll
Boosting Reading Speed and Comprehension
Training as a Prequalifier
Another One of My Study Methods

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see what the huge reasoning will be when the date comes and goes and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Input Line
Dreamweaver's EAPE
THE THREAT OF RADIATION IS REAL
Does Energy "Matter?"
Energy Structures of the Body

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayzorblades wrote:
I'm curious to see what the huge reasoning will be when the date comes and goes and NOTHING HAPPENS.

In 2013, someone will make a killing on 2012 End Of The World Collector's Edition Calendars.
Results show Rightness or Wrongness.
Quoting others ≠ being right even if they are!

radicalben

Dr Joseph Michael & Naam Yoga
Peter Dexheimer's Energy Work
Weekly Healing Empowerment Program
Free Healing
Quantam K Healing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Ian Lungolds take on the Mayan Calender.
enjoy
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8813424220594533573#docid=1030536695965417017
Rayzorblades

Colloquial Use Poll

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. GreenTea wrote:
Rayzorblades wrote:

In 2013, someone will make a killing on 2012 End Of The World Collector's Edition Calendars.
Laughing

Masterclass Recording

mctxp

Butterflies
Christopher Hills
Head Massager
Scenar Technology
Audio Spot Technology

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check it out on Google or Youtube.
"Baba Vanga".
Rayzorblades

Colloquial Use Poll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Baba Vanga is right, then the world isn't going to end in 2012. So there you go. I still think it's all horse hockey.

I have thrown away all my radionics machines.
Sesssions
Need Suggestion On Radionic Machine to Buy
does anybody here use cybershaman with a chigenerator?
does anybody use cybershaman with a chigenerator?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"May I be the doctor and the nurse
And may I become the medicine itself
For all the sick beings in the world
Until every one is healed."
- Shantideva
Post new topic   Reply to topic    XtremeMind.com Forum Index -> Religion & Politics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: